The R4i Gold R4 3DS Card is probably one of the best R4 3DS cards in the market today and it is further predicated upon their release of a new kernel update.
The kernel update includes a couple of bug fixes such as not being able to play some games and additional homebrew support.
Of course, I would always advise people to update their R4 3DS card’s kernel so that they can enjoy new features as well as stability.
Now, if you’re new to updating the R4i Gold R4 3DS Card kernel, then do not worry. In this article, I will tell you how to update the R4 3DS card.
Before anything else, I just would love to point out that you need to fully charge your Nintendo 3DS first before doing any sort of flashing.
Why do you need to fully charge your portable game console, you ask? The answer is really simple: if you’re flashing a new kernel and the Nintendo 3DS interrupts the process because of low battery, then it will halt the flashing process abruptly.
Once the flashing process is interrupted, you will be getting a bricked R4 3DS card after which, you will not be able to use it anymore.
Now that the caveat is out of the way, here are the steps to update your R4i Gold R4 3DS Card’s kernel:
- Download the latest version 11.0.0-33U kernel update from the R4i Gold R4 3DS Card manufacturer’s website. The file should be in RAR format in which, you need to unpack the contents of the downloaded file.
- Plug your microSD card into the PC with the use of the included microSD card adapter. Place all of the contents of the kernel update in the ROOT folder of your microSD card.
- Plug your microSD card into the R4i Gold R4 3DS Card and place it inside your Nintendo 3DS.
- Using the R4i Gold R4 3DS Card tool on the interface, navigate to its settings and press the update button.
- Once the update has started, do not interrupt the flashing process! I cannot stress this enough, if you interrupt the updating process, you will be getting a bricked R4 3DS card. Ensure that your Nintendo 3DS is fully charged first before updating.
- After the update is complete, it will restart two times to apply the changes. Once you’re on the main screen, go back to the R4i Gold R4 3DS Card’s tool and then look at “About”. It will now show that you’re on the latest kernel update!
The R4i Gold R4 3DS Card brings with it a lot of improvements and I really encourage you to update the card’s kernel.
Again, just make sure that the Nintendo 3DS is fully charged before proceeding with the update process.
The R4i Gold R4 3DS Card is one of the best cards on the market today and it only costs $18-$20. If you are looking for the best, definitely try the R4i Gold R4 3DS Card for yourself.